If you're new to Bitcoin casinos, you've come to the right place! This is my guide on how to get started playing in no time – A Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin Casinos 2022! This is a beginner's guide. You probably just know something about Bitcoin and would like to try Bitcoin casinos. But there may be some things you want to confirm before you start. This guide contains everything you need to know about Bitcoin casinos, explained step by step:
- How do I get Bitcoins through a secure Bitcoin Exchange?
- How to choose a Bitcoin wallet and transfer the Bitcoins to your wallet?
- How do you choose a Bitcoin casino?
- How can you deposit Bitcoins in the Bitcoin casino of your choice?
- How can you withdraw Bitcoins to your Bitcoin wallet?
Choose your exchange to buy cryptos
First you need to get some Bitcoins. You can exchange your Euros, US Dollars or other mainstream currencies for Bitcoins in Bitcoin exchanges online. There are many different ones and some of the most popular and safest are listed here:
- bit stamp
Personally, I have used Kraken and Bitstamp, but Coinbase is also a very good choice.
Buy Crypto with Coinbase and start gambling in Crypto Casinos
Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is based in San Francisco, USA. Coinbase accepts all debit or credit cards. You can also transfer regular currency from your bank account. Coinbase accepts SEPA payments within the EU. Personally, I have no experience with Coinbase, but it should work very well according to the feedback on cryptocurrency forums.
Buy crypto with Kraken and start gambling in Bitcoin Casinos
Kraken is also a US-based exchange that was founded in 2011. After 2 years of testing and development, the fair opened in 2013. Kraken offers bank or bank transfer deposit options via SWIFT or SEPA payments. However, Kraken does not offer credit card deposits. Kraken has great support for many cryptocurrencies and has very low fees. This is why Kraken has been one of my favorite Bitcoin exchanges for a long time.
Buy crypto with Bitstamp and start gambling in Ethereum Casinos
Bitstamp is a Bitcoin exchange based in Luxembourg, Europe and the UK. The company was founded in 2011, so Bitstamp also has a long history behind it. Bitstamp supports all credit cards, international bank transfers and SEPA bank transfers in the EU region. I've also used Bitstamp and it has a very easy to use interface as it doesn't support too many different cryptocurrencies.
How to buy Bitcoins from Bitstamp
Here are all the steps you need to take to buy Bitcoins from Bitstamp. While this example is about Bitstamp, the stages are very similar when using other Bitcoin exchanges like Coinbase or Kraken. First you need to create your account for Bitstamp. You need an email address and a password.
Security tips when choosing your password:
- Use a long, random password that isn't used anywhere else. The longer the password, the better. I used random passwords from Random.org. For example, a 16-character password with numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters would take about 539886407674 years and 11 months to crack, which should be enough.
- But, for example, an 8-character password with only lowercase letters takes only 1 minute and 13 seconds to crack, which is important to watch out for.
- Keep your password in a safe location. Some people like to store their passwords only on paper, which is safe from hackers, but of course comes with other risks if someone finds your note. But that's up to you to decide. Having a long, strong password is a great start!
- Activating 2-factor authentication (2FA) is also a very good idea. This adds a lot of security as you need to use your mobile phone in addition to your username and password. Remember to back up the 2-factor backup keys in a safe place in case your phone is lost or changed.
After opening your account and verifying your email by clicking on the link there, you will need to enter your personal information. Bitstamp needs your name, address and some KYC information, such as an ID picture or a passport.
Credit card payment at Bitstamp
The easiest way to get Bitcoins at Bitstamp is to make a credit card payment. The screen for depositing a credit card looks like this:
- The screen for credit card payment at Bitstamp looks like this.
- Can basically make an instant purchase that converts directly into the cryptocurrency you like with the best exchange rate right now.
- You can choose preset amounts such as 100, 250 or 500 USD/EUR or set your own amount. This is very simple and works like a charm.
- Instead of the credit card payment, you can also try a bank transfer.
Bank transfers at Bitstamp
If you don't want to use a credit card, you can also make a bank transfer to Bitstamp. This needs a little more attention, because you have to be very careful about entering the correct details with your bank transfer.
- This method usually takes 1 day, but sometimes my transfers are processed in a few hours if you made the payment early in the day.
- Be very careful when making the payment, especially the message in orange should be included.
REMARK! Please do not take payment details from these screenshots as the details may have changed. So take the details from your Bitstamp screen when you make the payment.
Place the order to trade Euros or US Dollars in Bitcoins
Once you've made the transfer, you'll need to trade your regular currency in Bitcoins. That's how it works on Bitstamp.
- Go to the Markets in the menu. The easiest way is to place an order right away. In this order type you only need to indicate how many euros or US dollars you want to spend. Then the order is made with the current exchange rate. There is a small fee in trading as with all cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Instant order screen at Bitstamp. This can be found on Markets from the main menu.
- If you want to be more specific with the Bitcoin exchange rate, you can try the limit order. In this order type you must indicate how much Bitcoin you want to buy and at what purchase price.
- If you click on the buttons 25%, 50% etc, the most recent buy price will appear in the box as shown in the picture below. You can also see the current buy and sell orders for that moment.
- If you set the limit order and someone wants to sell Bitcoins at that price, a deal has been struck and you now own Bitcoin.
- Limit order type at Bitstamp.
- Once your order has been processed, you can check your Bitcoin balance via Account -> Overview.
- Here is the account -> Overview screen. Your Bitcoin balance can be seen in the red circle. Here my balance is blurry so it shows nothing.
Now you should be a brand new owner of fresh Bitcoins! Next, I'll give you some tips for choosing your Bitcoin wallet.
Choosing the Right Bitcoin or Altcoin Wallet
Normally, Bitcoin exchanges do not allow you to transfer Bitcoins to a Bitcoin casino. Of course it is possible for you to succeed, but my recommendation is to transfer the Bitcoins to your own Bitcoin wallet first.
- If you use a Bitcoin wallet, you are the only one controlling the Bitcoins. So in the event that there is a security vulnerability on a Bitcoin exchange (very unlikely, but possible), your Bitcoins are safe if you transfer them to your own Bitcoin wallet.
- There are heaps of different Bitcoin software wallets (meaning they will work on your iPhone or Android device, for example) as well as hardware wallets (they require a special USB device like Ledger Nano S that I use).
The hardware wallets are a bit more complicated to set up and use, so I'll focus on the best software wallets here.
Best Software Bitcoin Wallets for iPhone and Android
Here is a list of the most popular Bitcoin wallets for iPhone and Android:
- BRD (Formerly Breadwallet) – Works on iPhone and Android and I've been using this for years. Usually works very well. BRD can be found in the App Store and Google Play.
- Mycelium – Works on iPhone and Android and can be found in the App Store and Google Play. Personally, I have not used Mycelium, but it seems to be a good, safe and popular choice when I did some research.
- Jaxx – Works on iPhone and Android and can be found in the App Store and Google Play. I haven't tried Jaxx either, but it seems to work really well too.
Since I am well acquainted with the BRD Bitcoin wallet, I will focus on using BRD in this article.
Transfer your Bitcoins or Altcoins to your wallet
Here's how to transfer your Bitcoins from the Bitcoin exchange (like Bitstamp) to your new Bitcoin wallet (like BRD). In this example, I'm using Bitstamp and BRD, but the steps are very similar if you're using a different exchange or Bitcoin wallet.
- First you need to check your Bitcoin deposit address from BRD. You can find this screen on BRD by selecting Bitcoin and Receive.
- Copy that long address to your clipboard.
- This is the Bitcoins received screen on the BRD Bitcoin wallet app. Copy the Bitcoin deposit address to the clipboard by clicking on it. Here the address is partially blurred, but of course you can see it in full.
TIP 1: Note: This address will always point to your Bitcoin wallet, but the address may change if there are changes within the BRD app. Both or all Bitcoin addresses will still point to your own Bitcoin wallet. So you can have multiple deposit addresses that all work.
TIP 2: If you're using Bitstamp on a desktop computer, I've usually sent the Bitcoin deposit address from the iPhone to the desktop computer through the Notes app. You can also use Airdrop to send text. Highlight the deposit address in your Notes app and click "share". Then you can choose Airdrop and the address will be on your desktop computer. Also email will work fine in this situation as the deposit address is not a security risk if someone finds it. I've used Apple products, but similar methods work in the Android and PC worlds too.
- OK, now you have the BRD Bitcoin deposit address. Then go to Bitstamp -> Withdrawal -> Cryptocurrency. From there, choose Bitcoin as the cryptocurrency and paste your BRD deposit code into the destination BTC address. Address label is not necessary, it is optional.
- Enter the number of Bitcoins you want to transfer and press Verify and Withdraw.
Now your Bitcoins should arrive in your Bitcoin wallet BRD soon. Usually you will see the transfer within minutes and it will be fully confirmed within 5-30 minutes depending on the Bitcoin blockchain traffic.
Security Tips for Bitcoin Addresses:
Usually it is not a good idea to write the address letter by letter. It is very likely that you will make a mistake at some point. The wisest way is to always use Copy and Paste. I also check the beginning and end of the address a few times, idiot check to make sure I didn't accidentally delete the first or last characters of the address.
Choose the Crypto Casino that suits you best
I will discuss how to choose a Bitcoin Casino here shortly. This website is full of tips on how to choose the right one for you, but here are some points where you can start your Bitcoin casino journey! Bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos can be divided into a few different types.
Hybrid casinos accept FIAT and Cryptos and offer standard games
I call these casinos regular Bitcoin casinos. They offer the possibility to play completely with Bitcoins or other cryptocurrencies. But at the same time, they offer huge numbers of regular casino games from standard casino game providers such as Pragmatic Play, Booming Games or Yggdrasil.
Bitcoin casinos also offer many deposit bonuses
Read more about the bonuses here. Please note that almost all bonuses have wagering requirements that you must clear before you can withdraw any winnings.
Great choices for regular Bitcoin casinos include:
- mBit Casino
- King Billy Casino
These types of crypto casinos are probably the most popular type among crypto players. So if you like a wide variety of high quality casino games, they could be a good choice for you.
Do your research and choose verifiably fair crypto casinos
These types of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos are very unique and cannot be found outside of the cryptocurrency world. These arguably fair cryptocurrency casinos also have their trusted fan base.
- What you are missing compared to regular Bitcoin casinos is the number of games and the overall quality of casino games.
- But instead you get a very low casino house edge, which is a good plus. On the other hand, arguably fair casinos usually don't have deposit bonuses for players.
What does demonstrably reasonable mean?
Demonstrably fair means that all games can be proven to be fair and completely random. This requires some expertise in computer science and math, but in general it's always good to know that the games are fair. Here are some examples of provably fair cryptocurrency casinos that I recommend:
- CryptoGames – Founded in 2014, it offers 8 provably fair games such as dice, slot, blackjack, roulette and many more.
- Primedice – It was founded in 2013 and was one of the first Bitcoin dice sites. Provides support for 6 cryptocurrencies and one demonstrably fair game of dice.
- Stake.com – Offers 12 provably fair games such as Dice, Video Poker, Blackjack, Roulette, Keno, Mines and many more!
Casinos that only offer Bitcoin or cryptocurrency deposits
These casinos are a bit like half-Bitcoin or half-cryptocurrency casinos. Casinos like Diamond Reels or Vegas Crest Casino only offer Bitcoin deposits that are instantly converted to Euros or US Dollars.
So your casino game is done with euros or US dollars. Some casinos have the option to convert the regular currency back to Bitcoins when you want to cash out.
Next step, how to deposit Bitcoins at a Bitcoin Casino.
How do you deposit Bitcoin or Altcoins in a crypto casino?
So how can I deposit Bitcoins at a Bitcoin casino? It's pretty simple.
- First, go to the Bitcoin casino of your choice. In this example, I'm using BitStarz, one of my favorite sites. Just go to Menu -> Cashier -> Deposit (Bitcoins).
- You will then see a screen like the one below.
- BitStarz's Bitcoin deposit screen can be seen here.
- There you have your own Bitcoin deposit address (part of the image is blurry though). Copy that address to your clipboard.
- Then head over to BRD or whatever Bitcoin wallet you chose.
- How to Send Bitcoins with BRD Bitcoin Wallet App.
- In the BRD app, choose Bitcoin as the currency and press Submit. Then paste the BitStarz Bitcoin deposit address into the section that says To.
- Choose the amount of Bitcoins, choose Processing speed to, for example, Normal (or any other you wish) and press Send.
- No need to put a memo there, it's just for you as a reminder.
In a few minutes you should see the Bitcoins in the Bitcoin casino cashier. All Bitcoin verifications should take place within 5-30 minutes depending on Bitcoin blockchain traffic.
How do you withdraw Bitcoins or Altcoins from Crypto Casino?
Withdrawing Bitcoin from a Bitcoin casino back to your Bitcoin wallet is a simple operation. It's just like the deposit that was made after the fact. This is basically the same for other cryptocurrencies, but you need to do your research as they work technically differently. Read and follow the following steps to withdraw your money from a crypto casino.
- First, go to your Bitcoin wallet (such as BRD) and check your Bitcoin deposit address. You can find that out by clicking Bitcoin and Receive.
- Get BRD Bitcoin wallet Bitcoins screen.
- Click on your own Bitcoin deposit address and it will be copied to your clipboard.
- Then go to a Bitcoin casino (like BitStarz here). Press Cashier, find the Bitcoin row and choose Cashout.
- Enter the number of Bitcoins you wish to withdraw. Paste your own Bitcoin deposit address (from Bitcoin wallet) into the Address field. Press Request Cashout when you've double checked everything. Bitcoins should arrive in your Bitcoin wallet (BRD) within 5-30 minutes when BitStarz has activated the transfer.
Are you ready to get started? I hope this beginner's guide to crypto gambling helped
If you had a deposit bonus, make sure you cleared the bonus by wagering it. I think by now you should know pretty much all the important steps to play at Bitcoin casinos. Let me know if you liked this article in the comment box below. And feel free to ask any questions if I've missed anything!